Fazc
Max Brawn
Points: 14,403, Level: 77 Points: 14,403, Level: 77 Points: 14,403, Level: 77
Activity: 36% Activity: 36% Activity: 36%

Training Exp: 12+ years
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Bench Press
Fav Supp: Chicken
Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!

Quote:
bear in mind, i may not be using the right terms and i may be missing obvious ones because i'm new to power lifting.
Yep, I don't mean to condescend I was just getting a handle on what you're asking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tank View Post
rest pause meaning at the bottom of the lift there is an exaggerated pause prior to the concentric. i'm unfamiliar with dogcrapp training; i don't know if that's what it's all about.
Paused Benches: I think it's a good idea to practice at least a few pauses each time you train to keep you honest. When you're more experience you may choose not to pause, only pausing prior to a Meet but at least by that time you'll have a rough idea of where you are. For example Ltl doesn't normally train with a pause but he's honest enough that he knows whereabouts his touch n go (tng) bench is in relation to his paused bench.

Quote:
overloading meaning loading more on the bar than you can lift and, with a partner, training with the heavier load out of the bottom.
On this I would say... never. Specificity is key, doing heavy negatives you can quite easily slip out of optimum form if they're heavy enough to count and that is dangerous and trains the wrong path. If you want to overload (and I think that yes you should) do it via partials in various ranges.
Fazc is offline   Reply With Quote