View Single Post
Old 12-18-2011, 05:12 AM   #68
Tannhauser
Max Brawn
Points: 138,239, Level: 100 Points: 138,239, Level: 100 Points: 138,239, Level: 100
Activity: 28% Activity: 28% Activity: 28%

Training Exp: 30+
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Front squat
Fav Supp: Creatine. C'est tout.
Tannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goat View Post
And how many in desperate circumstances will pick fruit to feed themselves, In the US none. Instead they complain that they are not provided for. I see it every day in my industry (landscape) the jobless scoff at the shovel and the wages that come with it. They would rather complain that I am making money.

If anything we over value what people are worth in the states. I often work alone due to the lack of work ethic I see in this up and coming generation, I certainly do not want to give to these lazy sluggards.

The way I see things they need to change, not me.
Well, I'm not in the US, so for all I know you're observations about the jobless could well be 100% accurate. However, the jobless in the UK face the same accusations, especially from sections of the right-wing press.

The truth, over here at least, is more complex. Certainly a proportion of jobless are shirkers - they are not interested in work and don't see why they should. But to write everyone in that situation off would be incorrect. There are a lot of people who want to work, but the gutting of the traditional low-income jobs means that there isn't anything viable for them.

Are you sure that you're not stereotyping a huge and pretty diverse group of people (the jobless) on the basis of your own experience of one sector?

Powerlifts: 500/363/573 @ 220 belt only
front squat: 403
dips: bodyweight + 176 x 4
military press: 232
Tannhauser is online now   Reply With Quote