View Single Post
Old 01-14-2010, 11:20 PM   #3
Grim83
Director: TGZ
Max Brawn
Points: 6,663, Level: 53 Points: 6,663, Level: 53 Points: 6,663, Level: 53
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Grim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
A high pull is generally from the floor. A hang pull is from a standing position. That's generally my understanding of the movement. To me, the hang pull is a less useful movement, as it is more like a power upright row. But I'm sure there are arguments for both.

And if I'm correct, the only difference between a high pull and a power clean is the "catch" at the top.

My question...it it better to do power cleans, or "catch" them Olympic style into the front squat position? Which would be most effective for strength? I'm wondering if catching in a front squat position wouldn't be the best movement of all?

Regarding push press, I don't think it matters. If I had the ceiling height to do them, I would probably do a soft lock or near lock. But I doubt I would fully lock out.

Sorry if I'm rambling.
Cleans where you catch in the front squat position are way more technical, i have a hard time remembering to squat because of how quick it is, but you will be able to lift more that way, and you get the extra bonus of more leg work
User owns 1x Super Squats

No Bullshit no problems

My Blog- http://grim83.blogspot.com/
Grim83 is offline   Reply With Quote