View Single Post
Old 12-16-2011, 12:53 PM   #5
ffemtny
Uber Brawn
Points: 1,842, Level: 25 Points: 1,842, Level: 25 Points: 1,842, Level: 25
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

ffemtny is a dedicated contributorffemtny is a dedicated contributorffemtny is a dedicated contributorffemtny is a dedicated contributorffemtny is a dedicated contributorffemtny is a dedicated contributorffemtny is a dedicated contributorffemtny is a dedicated contributorffemtny is a dedicated contributorffemtny is a dedicated contributorffemtny is a dedicated contributor

Almost forgot the second part of your post. Feeling about as good as I ever have which is awesome seeing I'm staring down the barrel of the big 40 in less than a year. Spent most of my training this year focusing on passing the Army PT test, and Army medic school. Survived medic school at my advanced age, though I re-injured my craptastic shoulders and kicked ass on the PT in pushups and sitsups but missed run by 12 seconds. Which can be attributed to the fact I weigh 255 and like to lift a whole lot more than run.

As for life in general I feel truly blessed, so you certainly won't hear me whining. I'm fulfilling my dream of becoming a paramedic and getting paid some money to do it through the G.I. Bill.Two healthy, bright kids who do well socially, and the list could go on. I like most, often forget how much I have but all it takes for me lately is some time on an ALS ambulance in New York city and seeing how people treat each other , the effects of poverty and apathy, and how little some have to hammer home the wealth of possessions and opportunity that my life has afforded me.
ffemtny is offline   Reply With Quote