Old 12-16-2011, 09:31 AM   #1
Hazzard
Max Brawn
Points: 5,710, Level: 48 Points: 5,710, Level: 48 Points: 5,710, Level: 48
Activity: 10% Activity: 10% Activity: 10%

Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Squat
Fav Supp: Pizza
Hazzard has made some good postsHazzard has made some good postsHazzard has made some good postsHazzard has made some good postsHazzard has made some good postsHazzard has made some good postsHazzard has made some good postsHazzard has made some good postsHazzard has made some good postsHazzard has made some good postsHazzard has made some good posts
Default 2011: A Positive Look Back On The Past Year

Facebook is a wonderful example of a place where people cannot bring themselves to stop moaning. Cold weather? Moan. Hot weather? Moan. Didn't sleep? Also moan. Bad day? Oh awesome, I'd love to hear about that too. With all this pessimism going around it's inevitable that the moaning will commence about how moan-worthy 2011 has been. So, I decided that on this wonderful forum that has treated me so well these past couple of months it would be fun to celebrate the best of the past twelve months.

Because I'm fairly heavily into various forms of visual media - music, films, games - I consider this a good place to start. What would your album, film and game of the year consist of and why? It sounds contrived, but I like to use this to look back on things that have been released and entertained me over the past year, especially since so much of it is lost.

So here are my picks:

Album of the year: Protest The Hero - Scurrilous

If I'm really honest I have no idea what my film of the year really is, but I'll say Drive for now.

Game of the year: The Legend Of Zelda: Skyward Sword

So that's that. But what about a more training look back on the year? What have you achieved? Highs and lows? Progression? New exercises? Periodisation? Diets? Weight loss? Strength Gain? And so on and so forth.

For me it has to be partaking in my freshman powerlifting year. Despite starting in 2010, it really took off at the beginning of this year where I lifted at the southern counties regional competition and qualified for the British. I then competed at the WDFPF British, Euros and Worlds a month or so ago and am extremely proud of what I achieved in my first year. Despite only being a member of this forum for a couple of months I just want to say thank you for all the support.

So, to everyone here - what has 2011 meant for you? What are your highlights and favourite moments of the past year?