View Single Post
Old 12-14-2011, 03:29 PM   #12
Tannhauser
Max Brawn
Points: 138,239, Level: 100 Points: 138,239, Level: 100 Points: 138,239, Level: 100
Activity: 28% Activity: 28% Activity: 28%

Training Exp: 30+
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Front squat
Fav Supp: Creatine. C'est tout.
Tannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
They complain about corporate greed, but I'm pretty sure this country was built on entrepreneurship, and the ability to do that is one of the best qualities about America. I suppose I could be wrong...
There's a big difference between entrepreneurship and corporate greed.

I absolutely don't see this as the 'entitlement generation.' They may not have a focused agenda, or even be able to articulate clearly what they're about, but they 're right that something stinks to high heaven in the system.

Look at the behaviour of the investment bankers in the financial meltdown in 2008. Croneyism, corruption, insider dealing, the cynical exploitation of anybody outside of their own clique, feathering their own nest when they absolutely knew that the bubble would burst eventually... the financial regulators in their pocket, the multi-million dollar lobbyists....it goes on and on. America should have rounded the lot of them up and fired them from a cannon into space.

America got shafted by a small group of super-rich financial whizz-kids, alpha males gambling and then losing other people's money, guys who had nothing but contempt for the ordinary working stiff. Reagan - I think -and Clinton removed all the protection that America enjoyed. Even in the wake of the 2008 crisis, that has by no means been reinstated.

I think the increasing power of the corporation, with its ability to ride roughshod over national interests, is a major problem for the US and the world economically, socially, environmentally, culturally and ethically.

Some of the protestors look a bit smelly, but I think they've got plenty to protest about.

All imo.

"The proper study of mankind is books" - Aldous Huxley
Tannhauser is online now   Reply With Quote