Shadowschmadow
Totally Bitchin'
Max Brawn
Points: 2,307, Level: 29 Points: 2,307, Level: 29 Points: 2,307, Level: 29
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Training Exp: 8 years off and on
Training Type: SFW!
Fav Exercise: Bench Press
Shadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disciple X View Post
Thats every set for me

Everybody is different. I will say that for bodybuilding, which is what the op is asking about, it shouldnt take near as long. If you're doing more than an hour of "dense" training, with drop sets, supersets, etc. you're an animal.

I do mostly compound exercises. If i jump straight from bench to push presses without an "extended rest period" i'm not going to move as much weight as i possibly can. Thats my goal. It works for me...
I agree that everyone is different, and some of us require longer breaks than others. However, I'm not a bodybuilder and my workout doesn't consist of a ton of isolations, so you're not winning me over with the compound exercise bit. When I go to the gym, I don't go there to put in a half-assed effort, so I can relate to the all-out intensity of training.

And if you jump straight into PP after BP you're going to need an extended break because having those two exercises back to back causes fatigue carry-over. Poorly thought out IMHO, and I don't mean that offensively, but if you want to go all out then you need to give those muscles some down time. And down time doesn't mean sitting, but choosing other exercises that don't utilize relatively the same muscle groups.

Honestly man, I can't see any possible reason why it should take anyone 3 hours to workout. But to each his own I guess, so if that's what works for you and you're seeing the results you want from it, then by all means.