View Single Post
Old 12-13-2011, 05:44 PM   #11
Disciple X
Max Brawn
Points: 6,017, Level: 50 Points: 6,017, Level: 50 Points: 6,017, Level: 50
Activity: 5% Activity: 5% Activity: 5%

Training Type: Powerlifting
Disciple X is a lifting machineDisciple X is a lifting machineDisciple X is a lifting machineDisciple X is a lifting machineDisciple X is a lifting machineDisciple X is a lifting machineDisciple X is a lifting machineDisciple X is a lifting machineDisciple X is a lifting machineDisciple X is a lifting machineDisciple X is a lifting machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
And that's balls to the walls, all out, 1 time kind of effort.
Thats every set for me

Everybody is different. I will say that for bodybuilding, which is what the op is asking about, it shouldnt take near as long. If you're doing more than an hour of "dense" training, with drop sets, supersets, etc. you're an animal.

I do mostly compound exercises. If i jump straight from bench to push presses without an "extended rest period" i'm not going to move as much weight as i possibly can. Thats my goal. It works for me...

Also, at a powerlifting competition, you do a total of 9 lifts that count over the course of several hours/ half a day... theres a lot of time between attempts, usually 10-20 min or more, depending on how many lifters are there. Its all about what your goal is and how your body reacts to different stimulus. I've done 1 hour body building sessions and i've done 2 hour powerlifting sessions. The longer sessions i've adopted have done so much more for my strength. I've put over 25 lb on my paused bench in the past few months and my upper sessions almost always take 2 hours+

I've adopted the mentality of give anything a try and see what happens... some things have been successes and some have been epic fails.
Disciple X is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links