View Single Post
Old 12-13-2011, 08:46 AM   #5
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Extreme Mini Golf Champion!Tournaments Won: 6

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by abett07 View Post

If you had to pick one exercise to be the ultimate tricep builder what would it be ?
Presses...bench or overhead. Dips.

As far as exercise effectiveness, I don't look at things through the lens of compound/isolation. I look at which exercises have the greatest potential for progression. I also look at how easy they feel when I use them.

Dumbbell kickback? Not much room for progression. Also feels too easy. Close grip bench? A lot of room for progression, and difficult.

We each have a limited amount of time each week to workout. If I personally add in tricep work, which did happen in years past, I would add in difficult exercises...2 arm seated dumbbell extension, French press, close grips, dips.

For me the question is not...are isolations ok? For me the question is...what are the most brutal exercises that will give me the most bang for the buck?

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote