Shadowschmadow
Totally Bitchin'
Max Brawn
Points: 2,307, Level: 29 Points: 2,307, Level: 29 Points: 2,307, Level: 29
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Training Exp: 8 years off and on
Training Type: SFW!
Fav Exercise: Bench Press
Shadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributor

Personally, I find my best response is when I utilize both high and low reps. I don't do CGB typically, but I bench heavy and my form places a lot of emphasis on my triceps to get me through the lift. I also do dips and tricep pull downs.

Pull downs have worked very well for me in the past, and I used 3-4 sets of 10 and go about as heavy as I can. Now a days, that's only about 70-80lbs and I do them after heavy presses, but back in my prime that was around 120+ on average. I found that heavy pull downs with high volume worked wonders for me. And I treated this movement like any other lift; I took it seriously and I aimed for progression.

Weighted dips is another exercise for the triceps that will be a money maker. I personally have issues with my wrists so I can't go strapping weight on them, but if I could, I would go heavy and for volume.

On bench, I recommend keeping your elbows close to your body all the way through the motions of the press. Not at your sides, but a 30-40 degree angle from your torso. This will leave a good amount of tension on your chest, and will really put your triceps to work. Combined with an arch and time learning the proper set up, makes for a big bench.

More importantaly though, I utilize all these movements weekly. Triceps, while being isolated muscles, are critical to a lot of other movements. If you strengthen them and help them grow, your other pressing lifts have no choice but to go up.

Last edited by Shadowschmadow; 12-13-2011 at 08:27 AM.
Shadowschmadow is offline   Reply With Quote