View Single Post
Old 12-13-2011, 04:58 AM   #114
JTurner
Max Brawn
Points: 7,933, Level: 59 Points: 7,933, Level: 59 Points: 7,933, Level: 59
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Beach Pong Champion! Pinboliada Champion!
Tournaments Won: 2

Training Exp: 2+ Years
Fav Exercise: BTNPP
Fav Supp: Beef
JTurner is a lifting beastJTurner is a lifting beastJTurner is a lifting beastJTurner is a lifting beastJTurner is a lifting beastJTurner is a lifting beastJTurner is a lifting beastJTurner is a lifting beastJTurner is a lifting beastJTurner is a lifting beastJTurner is a lifting beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_swede View Post
Congats on the DL's!! Strong
Quote:
Originally Posted by markievicz View Post
cant see the vid in work but will check out later for sure....

double body weight PB - WIN!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
Congrats Jt! That's incredible progress.
Thank you all

I have no idea where the 200kg came from. Looking back over my logs and spreadsheets, my heaviest predicted 1RM was 180kg on a balls out 160kg set at the start of August. Since then I had a form check and needed to correct a few things and haven't pulled anything on my 5/3/1 sets above 127.5kg, that's over 3 months. I introduced singles in November that built up to my previous max and hit this with ease and then smashed it some. 200kg has been a goal for a long time but I didn't expect to get it the same day as my 4pps PB.

I was considering changing routines in the new year but I really don't see the need now. Right now I just want to build as much strength as possible and 5/3/1 works for me. So next year I am going to reset my 5/3/1 maxes starting nice and low and go balls out and see what happens, I should be able to ride it out for at least 6 months for the big lifts if not I'll reset and start again. I think the far more important thing is consistency and diet. Looking back, I have't skipped one scheduled session in the last 10 cycles of 5/3/1 and my diet is certainly working for me.

Just thought I'd share a few thoughts I've been having , rant over although I'm sure I could go all day.