Soldier
Max Brawn
Points: 14,594, Level: 78 Points: 14,594, Level: 78 Points: 14,594, Level: 78
Activity: 89% Activity: 89% Activity: 89%

Training Exp: On and off for 17 years.
Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Exercise: Bosu kickback pistols
Fav Supp: Crack on a trisket
Soldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite member

No problem guys.

If I were a powerlifter I'd still do the same thing, but like jwood said I'd drop the fasting and just eat plenty of fat and protein throughout the day leading up to my training.

A big thing for me is the preworkout meal with plenty of fat and protein. Since these things take longer to digest and digestion basically stops during training that meal is basically still starting to digest as I finish my training. At that point I get some grain based simple carbs that follow the fats and proteins and give me that awesome insulin spike. My insulin sensativity is through the freaking roof when I fast and then train without having any carbs first, so it all goes streaming into my muscles.

This diet combined with my liberal use of BCAA's around and during my workouts have given me awesome recovery and I've actually notived a difference. I can go running multiple times, play football with the guys, pull the sled some and still set some PR's on my heavy lifts all in one week.
Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links