View Single Post
Old 12-12-2011, 05:58 PM   #6
5kgLifter
Kettlebells' Angel !!!!
Max Brawn
Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94
Activity: 11% Activity: 11% Activity: 11%

Training Type: Other
5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesseA View Post
I've done those bench presses before we also have that same cambered bar. The bands create of ton of instability in the bench press, I would be a little apprehensive to try the same with anything heavy on squats. I do not think it would be anywhere close to an equivalent, but it certainly could make for some interesting assistance work.

I've seen someone on youtube hand a second barbell from a set of chains off the top barbell, that seems like it would be the closest to replicating a cambered bar movement. I think the video was posted here of a guy doing good mornings with that setup.
I'm inclined to agree.

Is there anyone you know that can make a couple of the T-sections (the parts that hang below the barbell, attached to it), a welder maybe, so that you just add an attachment to the barbell already available to you? Something that you can slide on and off, I mean, and therefore carry with you to the gym.

Just an idea.