Old 12-10-2011, 02:23 PM   #20
dmaipa
Living in the Shadows
Max Brawn
Points: 12,684, Level: 73 Points: 12,684, Level: 73 Points: 12,684, Level: 73
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Training Type: Bodybuilding
Fav Supp: Food
dmaipa is a lifting machinedmaipa is a lifting machinedmaipa is a lifting machinedmaipa is a lifting machinedmaipa is a lifting machinedmaipa is a lifting machinedmaipa is a lifting machinedmaipa is a lifting machinedmaipa is a lifting machinedmaipa is a lifting machinedmaipa is a lifting machine

Here is my 2cents about applying olympic lifts into routines. I've been doing olympic lifts for sometime but like everyone has mentioned it takes a lot of time and effort to get them down.

Being a strength coach at a university, most coaches believe that olympic lifts are a must for athletic performance. I agree to some level. But rather than spending all my effort on teaching how to perform the oly lifts, i believe recreational lifters can take variations of the oly lifts such as clean pulls, snatch pulls, etc. I've found that you still get the same benefits as you would, especially if you have squats and deadlifts in the routine already.

If it's something you really want to learn then by all means take the time to learn them. But if you are looking to get similar benefits and dont want to spend all your efforts into learning how to do them, then focus on the pull variations. It'll save you the headaches and trials.

THE AIPA PROJECT | HAWAII FITNESS AND AWESOME KU LIFESTYLE BLOG

Youtube Channel: THE AIPA PROJECT

Twitter, Instagram, Facebook: @theaipaproject
dmaipa is offline   Reply With Quote