Thread: Bill Phillips
View Single Post
Old 12-09-2011, 03:09 PM   #10
Tannhauser
Max Brawn
Points: 138,239, Level: 100 Points: 138,239, Level: 100 Points: 138,239, Level: 100
Activity: 28% Activity: 28% Activity: 28%

Training Exp: 30+
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Front squat
Fav Supp: Creatine. C'est tout.
Tannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite member

That's spooky. I was just thinking this morning ' What ever happened to Bill Phillips'?

Years ago, I thought 'Muscle Media 2000' was the best thing since sliced bread. It seemed a breath of fresh air after the Weider tripe. Then he took a decision to alter the direction of the mag and go for a more mainstream look.

I went off him after he promoted HMB and CLA as incredible new supplements. I fell for the hype, spent an arm and a leg on them, and got zip out of them.

I jumped ship with TC Luoma, who set up Testosterone (later T-Nation) as 'the old spirit of Muscle Media'. And it sure was, as he did the same super-supplement carpet-bombing. Fell for it again, of course, another bunch of over-priced and entirely useless supplements.

Bill's no doubt got his good points, but he and those from his stable make a speciality for parting fools like me from their money.

I hope that's a toupe, I really do.

Powerlifts: 500/363/573 @ 220 belt only
front squat: 403
dips: bodyweight + 176 x 4
military press: 232
Tannhauser is online now   Reply With Quote