View Single Post
Old 12-09-2011, 03:31 AM   #117
markievicz
Max Brawn
Points: 12,998, Level: 74 Points: 12,998, Level: 74 Points: 12,998, Level: 74
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%

Training Exp: 2.5yrs
Fav Exercise: OHP
markievicz is a master membermarkievicz is a master membermarkievicz is a master membermarkievicz is a master membermarkievicz is a master membermarkievicz is a master membermarkievicz is a master membermarkievicz is a master membermarkievicz is a master membermarkievicz is a master membermarkievicz is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Off Road View Post
I agree, dropping a plate on your toe is not a good way to start. Good job getting in there and getting it done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tank View Post
way to push through mark. great session.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
"Man up" points for working out anyway.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazzard View Post
Bad start with the toe shenanigans, but an awesome comeback mate, great work!
Quote:
Originally Posted by LtL View Post
Nice session buddy. Plate dropping could have ended worse; one of my friends did that and burst his toe chipping the bone in the process

LtL

thanks guys - the way i saw it , i wouldnt have had a chance to squat again till next week and i really wanted those 150 singles! nail is a little black but dont think i will lose it so aa narrow escape!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squatter View Post
Unfortunate mishap with the 20kg plate vs Toe, but I hope it heals up fast Mark!!

Interesting modifications to 531 you have made. Is it an official mod like the revised 531, or did you or someone come up with that. I know there is a revised program where singles are performed, and weeks 1 and 2 are reversed

Also some solid squat progression there with the 150kg singles..
thanks Squatter - this is a bit of a homemade change to be honest. i read the 5/3/1 for powerlifting and that swaps wk 1 and 2 so i thought why not try a few singles on the hard weeks and really push the numbers. seems to be workiing for me so far but as soon as i stall ill look to go back to normal on this
(like i do on military press day)
looking to compete in Feb 2012 so am on a big push to get my numbers up.

Twitter: @markievicz5
YouTube: Markievicz5
markievicz is online now   Reply With Quote