View Single Post
Old 12-08-2011, 08:40 AM   #83
Off Road
Max Brawn
Points: 17,091, Level: 83 Points: 17,091, Level: 83 Points: 17,091, Level: 83
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazc View Post
1) Are we to say the guys who are at the top 1% of football players are all genetic wonders? Is there a scale of genetic talent? The inaccuracy and generalisation just doesn't sit right with me, y'know?.
Maybe not genetic wonders, but certainly guys who posess certain natural [or genetic] qualities. You can't be 5'6" and play an offensive line position, you need to be big and quick on your feet. You aren't going to play center in the NBA if you are under 6' tall; I don't care how good a shot you are or how quick you are, you're going to get pushed around by those monsters and out-rebounded under the basket. And lastly, I don't think everybody is meant to be able to squat 1,000 lbs raw, no matter how badly you want it or how hard you tain. If it were possible for everybody to do it, we'd see more people doing it.

I refer you to the C&P blog where the author shows Tom Platz's legs and states that Tom worked his butt off to get legs like that. I don't doubt that Tom worked super hard and I give him all the credit in the world for his efforts. But you have other big names of that era that worked equally as hard and had nowhere near that kind of development. He had a gift and he worked his butt off to exploit it.

Last edited by Off Road; 12-08-2011 at 08:45 AM.
Off Road is offline   Reply With Quote