View Single Post
Old 12-08-2011, 12:20 AM   #82
Off Road
Max Brawn
Points: 17,091, Level: 83 Points: 17,091, Level: 83 Points: 17,091, Level: 83
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!

I think [a lot] people fall on two sides of the McRobert Hardaginer issue. On one side you have the guys that use it as their flag and always try to get by with the least ammount of work for fear of overtraining. Then you have the guys that get angry and have a need to prove McRobert wrong; "Nobody's going to tell me I can't be the best." Maybe it's age or maybe it's experience, but I fall in the middle of the argument. I don't see it as an "Us vs Them" thing. I see it as everybody has a chance to be the best they can be, just get out there and get better. I don't use my genetics as an excuse, I use it as a guide. I am always trying to improve my conditioning to increase my work capacity. Always trying to increase the volume and frequesncy. But always keeping an eye on how that volume and frequency is effecting me, adjusting as needed, and watching for ways to keep the trend upwards. Sure, I will never be a proffessional football player or a nationally ranked powerlifter, but I bet I can rope steers better than most of them and teach Algebra better than most of them. Play to your strengths

Last edited by Off Road; 12-08-2011 at 08:24 AM.
Off Road is offline   Reply With Quote