Soldier
Max Brawn
Points: 14,594, Level: 78 Points: 14,594, Level: 78 Points: 14,594, Level: 78
Activity: 89% Activity: 89% Activity: 89%

Training Exp: On and off for 17 years.
Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Exercise: Bosu kickback pistols
Fav Supp: Crack on a trisket
Soldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite member

Using full range of motion will make you use lighter weights. That's just the way it is. Don't worry, that will make you stronger in the long run. When you do DB overhead presses, come all the way down. I actually touch the dumbells to my shoulders. Same with DB bench press where I actually touch the DB's to my chest. The fact that your DB presses are so high compared to your BB work tells me that you're probably not using enough range of motion. Don't be afraid to go down in weight and do it right. Slight inward angle of the forearms is actually normal on any DB presses, so don't worry about that.

As for rows, there's a reason hardly anyone does them correctly; they're hard and you can use a lot more weight if you do it wrong. Stick to your guns. Flat back, just a little body movement, pull with your elbows and squeeze your back at the top.
Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote