View Single Post
Old 12-06-2011, 01:54 PM   #15
Shadowschmadow
Totally Bitchin'
Max Brawn

Training Exp: 8 years off and on
Training Type: SFW!
Fav Exercise: Bench Press
Shadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy1787 View Post
That's why I am here. John Berardi had this to say. I assumed he was a trusted source.
There are times that I agree with Berardi and there are times that I disagree with him. And this statement of his ignores what I said above; if you eat on a normal basis (3+ meals) then you already are going to be digesting food, which means your body won't be digesting your PWO food until later, so it doesn't really matter.

Fat has benefits PWO as well. I didn't read this whole article but from what I skimmed it looked okay. Racing Weight

In my honest opinion; the whole PWO meal is outrageously overrated. We've already concluded that there's no magic anabolic window, and we've already concluded that digestion of food takes time. From everything I've read on the topic, I've concluded that as long as you eat you're fine. If taking a protein shake PWO makes you feel better, than go for it. All I'm saying is it won't make or break your gains so long as other dietary criteria are met throughout the day.

Instead of looking at PWO being a meal or snack, I believe you should look at it as the next 2-3 days, considering that's when the bulk of your protein synthesis is in effect. And if you workout consistently, then your body is going to require proper nutrition all the time.

So now we can conclude that you should really just eat accordingly (adequate protein and calories) and eat/train regularly. Get a variety of foods (veggies + fruits) and don't fear healthy fats. Do that, and you'll be oh-tay!