View Single Post
Old 12-06-2011, 11:10 AM   #6
MikeC
Uber Brawn
Points: 5,424, Level: 47 Points: 5,424, Level: 47 Points: 5,424, Level: 47
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

MikeC is a consistent contributorMikeC is a consistent contributorMikeC is a consistent contributorMikeC is a consistent contributorMikeC is a consistent contributorMikeC is a consistent contributorMikeC is a consistent contributorMikeC is a consistent contributorMikeC is a consistent contributorMikeC is a consistent contributorMikeC is a consistent contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp_ottawa View Post
Looking forward to it. I'm generally a positive guy, but I find very useful your analysis of the "cons" here. I do see some cons with the Westside methods, and some have been addressed in newer workouts (including mine).

For example, the original templates didn't include much rep work at 90+% on the main lifts, and so many lifters are now adding that in.

Also, 2 bench days a week is hard on the elbow joints, so lifters have found ways around that (e.g, using the Slingshot and doing partial lifts).

Finally, the original templates didn't include singles at 50-60%, which I think are important to develop explosive strength on the main lifts. Those can be added on dynamic days, as many lifters now do.

But let's hear what you have to say -
Excellent post.
MikeC is offline   Reply With Quote