View Single Post
Old 01-12-2010, 07:18 PM   #9
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitarpyar View Post
IMO, worst advice from mags are -

1. Splits
2. Tons of isolation
3. Miracle supps

Yeah Coleman's form is s***, but I guess perfect form is over-rated. IMO any form that allows you to lift without injuring yourself (and this might change a bit depending on the individual's structure) should be fine, as long as it lets you lift heavy.
I agree that perfect form is over-rated. I'm all about moving a weight with smart leverage.

Coleman uses some really crazy form with crazy weights. I think there's a difference between loose form to move a weight and being reckless. And when young guys try to emulate Coleman, it's recipe for disaster.

Heavy training is hard enough with good form. And to try to lift heavy over the course of your life injury free isn't easy. Just make sure you keep the distinction between smart leverage and reckless form. Because there are many out there that will read this and think it's a license to get crazy.

And I in no way think you should be playing with loose form until you have solid form. Most guys I see on Youtube have piss poor deadlift and bench form. Arms all out to the side on bench, deadlifts with a high ass. If these guys start lifting like Coleman - well, good night Irene.

Regarding your points, #2 is a big one for me. I will never, ever see the point in lifting a weight that can't be progressed for an extended period of time. I think it took me exactly 2 months to max out side laterals. After that, I threw them aside.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

Last edited by BendtheBar; 01-12-2010 at 07:46 PM.
BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote