View Single Post
Old 12-04-2011, 08:19 PM   #18
seth78
New Brawn
Points: 599, Level: 11 Points: 599, Level: 11 Points: 599, Level: 11
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

seth78 is off to a good startseth78 is off to a good startseth78 is off to a good start

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chillen View Post
This is false. Human metabolism is a complicated subject matter, and simply cannot be reduced to eating more frequently. And, eating (the macro types, calories, etc,--when enjoined together) are only one componant in the complicated set that encompasses one's metabolism. The IF diet (for example) can put this in much perspective. The body is rather impressive in absorbing/maintaining itself regardless of the number/frequency of meals one may eat in one day.

Be more concerned with calorie allotment and the macros you are consuming, rather than the frequency/number of meals.

In regards, to meal frequency: Find a number of meals that allows you to hit your calorie/macro target, while allowing you to deal with your hunger. Snacking in between main meals are fine (if this allows you to hit your calorie/macro target).

What you eat depends on where you are at with your calorie/macro targets for the day. On a so-called normal diet where one is consuming all three macros reletive to their body weight and personal goals, and then subsquently living life while it throws you bones (where food can be problematic), personally, I always error on the side of Protein and Carbohydrates (If I am not limiting them, dependent on goal want, as I am right now).

Carbohydrates are important in that it is the main fuel source when performing weight baring exercise, and will assist in holding water in the muscle--and both are important in regards to performance and repair.

What is your age? What do you do for a living? What is a typical day like? Is getting "quality" meals in problematic for you? Once you understand what you personally need in calories (dependent on personal goal), examine your life, and make a plan accordingly, and see how you can fit in meals that will hit your calorie/macro targets.

Again, the number of meals are only important if the frequency and timing of the meals are causing you problems (in being hungry all the time, being too sleepy/tired far to frequent {insulin/hormone releases}, etc, etc).

Tinker with the frquency (what ever this is) and see what works for you, and then hit your personal calorie/macro targets. Plain and simple, brother.
I always thought that it would make your metabolism speed up as well. I thought if you always had something in your stomach it was like adding fuel to the fire.
seth78 is offline   Reply With Quote