The Gristle Eating Giant
Max Brawn
Points: 15,492, Level: 80 Points: 15,492, Level: 80 Points: 15,492, Level: 80
Activity: 14% Activity: 14% Activity: 14%

Training Exp: 2
Training Type: Strongman
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Rare Steak
bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by runwithme View Post
I like to run so I do not really see that as a fad. I do feel that Akkins is a fad. And so is weight watchers. I would never do them because it is much better just to eat healthier.
Atkins, when done properly, is not a fad. People are stupid. Remember this. I used Dr. Atkins approach to drop 140 pounds in a year, reduce my cholesterol and blood sugar to normal healthy levels, get off my blood pressure medication, and be healthy for the first time since high school. Its really not that different from the Paleo approach I follow now.

For that Atkins haters, give his book a read. The research is solid, and so is the eating plan. Idiots who jump on induction, then jump off 2 months later and gain the weight back are just that. Idiots. Its no different than when people decide to "eat healthier", except that their idea of healthier food destroys their metabolism, blood work, and hormone panels.

I'm not gunning at you RWM, just defending the idea of low carb, high fat, high protein. If you get your carbs from fresh veggies, your fats from good meats, olives, avocados, butter, and your protein from healthy animals, its a very healthy lifestyle. Using Atkins as a diet, is a fad. Using it to adjust your lifestyle can be lifesaving.
bruteforce is online now   Reply With Quote