View Single Post
Old 12-03-2011, 08:28 PM   #2
5kgLifter
Kettlebells' Angel !!!!
Max Brawn
Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94
Activity: 11% Activity: 11% Activity: 11%

Training Type: Other
5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by runwithme View Post
I just have to ask everyone what they think about this. I do not exercise if I am really sick. I think it does nothing for you. But my friend will exercise no matter what. Do you really think this is a good idea? I do not.
Simple answer: No.

Your friend, could easily be addicted to exercise which sounds very likely; though, it depends on the interpretation of "sick", they may feel that they are not that sick that they cannot do some form of exercise or they may be pushing through if they have a training goal that is time limited (must be ready for a marathon etc).

But, when really sick, no; if slightly under the weather, people should gauge it on how they normally respond/recover and may be able to throw a light session in instead of doing nothing...it's really a personal thing which has to be based on the knowledge of your own body.