Fazc
Max Brawn
Points: 14,403, Level: 77 Points: 14,403, Level: 77 Points: 14,403, Level: 77
Activity: 36% Activity: 36% Activity: 36%

Training Exp: 12+ years
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Bench Press
Fav Supp: Chicken
Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
This is how I am starting to feel. By week 2 my lats are so fatigued that deadlift workouts are nearly a wash.
Right, I was the same way during the last block. My last session was a wash. It was actually the reason I switched to the max single + back offs in an attempt to lessen the workload. Didn't work!

Quote:
My squats seem better capable of handling the volume but I have been wasting time on box squats when I feel a light squat day would be more beneficial.
Right, well if you're doing just a 1 week cycle, then you do have the option of squatting twice in that period rather than just once with one other variation. For example:

Day 1: Squat

Day 2: Chain Squat

Day 3: (Light perhaps) Squat, Partial Squat

Quote:
One note I would mention to anyone considering this method...start slow. You will learn a lot during the first 6 weeks. I feel I may have been better off first adding a second deadlift day for a while and slowly building it from a lighter day to a moderate day.
Yes indeed, the last time I was doing this 2 week On, 1 week Off schedule I was doing a 4 way split as I detailed in the Raw Powerlifting thread. This is considerably less stressful than what we are attempting.

Quote:
Going real heavy has really paid off, but I moved from square A to square C in some aspects, skipping an intermediary stage. This sounds worse than it is, of course. I could continue to run the program as is, but I simply don't feel my deadlift workouts during week 2 are giving me much.
Yes absolutely it certainly is working we can be happy about that. But there's nothing to stop us refining the process for what we're currently doing.
Fazc is offline   Reply With Quote