View Single Post
Old 12-01-2011, 03:12 PM   #128
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazc View Post
I also don't feel I get as much from the second week, it seems to be more about surviving than anything else.
This is how I am starting to feel. By week 2 my lats are so fatigued that deadlift workouts are nearly a wash.

My squats seem better capable of handling the volume but I have been wasting time on box squats when I feel a light squat day would be more beneficial.

One note I would mention to anyone considering this method...start slow. You will learn a lot during the first 6 weeks. I feel I may have been better off first adding a second deadlift day for a while and slowly building it from a lighter day to a moderate day.

Going real heavy has really paid off, but I moved from square A to square C in some aspects, skipping an intermediary stage. This sounds worse than it is, of course. I could continue to run the program as is, but I simply don't feel my deadlift workouts during week 2 are giving me much.

I welcome all thoughts, of course.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote