Chillen
Max Brawn
Points: 6,498, Level: 52 Points: 6,498, Level: 52 Points: 6,498, Level: 52
Activity: 8% Activity: 8% Activity: 8%

Training Exp: 5+ years
Training Type: Bodybuilding
Fav Exercise: Pullup/Bent Over Row
Fav Supp: Feeding the Brain
Chillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5kgLifter View Post
It's not about "being allowed to" it's about whether it's any good or useful; and the sentence above has you saying it's a waste of time...I have to differ on that viewpoint. Some people will never be able to do dips and/or chins, which leaves them curls etc.
Its about applying some practical common sense; for example: When doing rows (say bent over BB rows, traditional style): Which exhausts first? The upper back (which is a larger muscle) or the tinie-weenie bicep in the execution of the movement? Now, its true, the biceps (will of course) get stronger as time and progression moves on, but in the mean time, the muscle in the back isn't being worked....as much as it could be, if the bicep was stronger. Why wait--while the back isnt being worked like it could be (in this example I am giving). Apply som direct work, and having a stronger bicep is nearly never wrong, in bent over rows, in my opinion.

After losing 40+ unwanted lbs:

At 152/154lbs:

At 162-168:
Chillen is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links