View Single Post
Old 11-30-2011, 01:27 PM   #15
5kgLifter
Kettlebells' Angel !!!!
Max Brawn
Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94
Activity: 11% Activity: 11% Activity: 11%

Training Type: Other
5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soldier View Post
I'm not saying someone shouldn't be allowed to do direct arm work unless they strengthen OTHER muscles first. In fact, it doesn't get much better than chins and dips for arm development. What I'm saying is that someone shouldn't NEED direct arm work until they've reached these milestones in their training.

Doing curls and triceps extensions when you can't yet do chins and dips is like using bands, chains, and partials your first day in the gym. It's not needed yet and I'd consider it a waste of time and effort.

Of course, people are free to do what they will, and being in the gym at all is better than doing nothing.
It's not about "being allowed to" it's about whether it's any good or useful; and the sentence above has you saying it's a waste of time...I have to differ on that viewpoint. Some people will never be able to do dips and/or chins, which leaves them curls etc.