MC
Six Million Dollar Man
Max Brawn
Points: 10,643, Level: 68 Points: 10,643, Level: 68 Points: 10,643, Level: 68
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%

Training Exp: 2-3
Training Type: General Fitness
Fav Exercise: Posing
MC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soldier View Post
My "rules" for direct arm work is that you shouldn't do any direct biceps work until you can do 10 chin ups, and you shouldn't do direct tricep work until you can either do 10 dips or bench your bodyweight 10 times. In trying to reach those bench marks you're going to develop great arms, and once you reach those points you should add in some direct work to take them to the next level. When you get there, there's nothing wrong with curls for the biceps, but remember that triceps like HEAVY lifting. Low rep close grip bench is just about as good as it gets for triceps size, but you also want to do something overhead to hit it from a different angle.
I think this is a really reasonable approach.

I don't see many guys with arms that I envy who don't do some direct work for biceps and triceps in addition to their compound exercises.

I firmly believe that if you want really nice arms (and I am talking about arms that other lifters think are nice, not Joe average on the street), then you have to do both compound and isolation.

Last edited by MC; 11-30-2011 at 09:31 AM.
MC is offline   Reply With Quote