View Single Post
Old 11-29-2011, 09:16 AM   #9
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squatter View Post

My uncle cares. All of you care. My family cares. This is going to give me the tools to heal. All my brothers have given me the strength to not only lift, but to finally seek some peace in my life.
That is a great story Jim. The power of giving and unselfishness can never be understated.

I just want to encourage you to keep fighting the good fight. I grew up in a home with a violent alcoholic, and around a family of addicts. I know all too well what extreme dysfunction means. It's hard to escape that bondage. It took me a long time, but some of it still lingers.

The actions of my father and your father were selfish actions. The action of your uncle is an unselfish action. These extremes really shine a light on how important decisions can be. It is so hard to give up things for ourselves so that others can be happy.

You do that Jim every day, for the forums (by answering questions), and to your wife and daughter. I am always glad to see someone not repeating the cycle. Stay strong and do you best to not let the actions of others chain down your life. It's easier said than done.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote