Soldier
Max Brawn
Points: 14,594, Level: 78 Points: 14,594, Level: 78 Points: 14,594, Level: 78
Activity: 89% Activity: 89% Activity: 89%

Training Exp: On and off for 17 years.
Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Exercise: Bosu kickback pistols
Fav Supp: Crack on a trisket
Soldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Off Road View Post
I really like the tutoring part of it, but I'm a teacher

I'd want to start a gym that had three different rooms. The first room would be the beginner room. It would have nothing but power cages, flat benches, barbells, and tons of weight. You would have to reach a certain strength level before moving on to the next room.

The intermediate room would have everything that the beginner room had plus a little more. The benches would be adjustable, there would be dumbbells, a few basic machines like leg press, hypers, reverse hypers, etc. You would have to reach a certain strength level to move on to the next room.

The last room would have an assortment of different bars, mono-lifts, bands, chains, machines, etc. There would also be a large assortment of strongman equipment.

Of course outside there would be hills, sleds, and prowlers.

I'm completely with you on progressive use of more advanced methods. Start simple, then add a bit here and there to make things interesting and challenge the person into growing. I read about a gym where the guy didn't sell memberships. Rather, he sold his programming which was performed at his gym. That would be a huge part of what I want to do. I don't want to intimidate people with tons of machines and things they don't understand. Keep it simple, with just the things I KNOW work, and let them know exactly how to use them for their goals.

Maybe we could give our older kids (16+) a break on their fees if they come in and work with the younger kids on the weekend on both school stuff and training. The best way to learn is to TEACH, so if they get experience helping younger kids train it would help them progress even faster.

Last edited by Soldier; 11-28-2011 at 01:38 PM.
Soldier is online now   Reply With Quote