Soldier
Max Brawn
Points: 14,594, Level: 78 Points: 14,594, Level: 78 Points: 14,594, Level: 78
Activity: 89% Activity: 89% Activity: 89%

Training Exp: On and off for 17 years.
Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Exercise: Bosu kickback pistols
Fav Supp: Crack on a trisket
Soldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite member
Default Business idea

I have an idea Id like to toss by everybody. As some of you know Im going into the Army, so the next 5 years of my life are spoken for. Ive also got a baby on the way, with hopes that another will follow within the next few years. One good thing about the Army is that unless something unforeseen happens I will be employed for as long as Id like to stay, but at some point Id like to start some sort of business with my wife, when Im ready to leave the Army.

One idea weve talked about at length is starting a bar. Shes a former bartender, and I can cook up some pretty good food. Thats definitely still an option, but lately my wife has also taken an interest in fitness. Shell have time on her hands, so shes talking about going back to school for some sort of degree in nutrition. Im also interested in becoming a certified personal trainer at some point.

Ive come up with an idea that I think MIGHT work, but it will have to be in a large or underserved market. The idea is to start a very simple gym which would feature free weights almost exclusively. The gym would mostly be membership based, although we would also offer many types of coaching. Id like to appeal to both young people who are starting out, but also people who need help losing weight. We could offer special weight loss packages which would include access to the gym as well as both diet and training planning/coaching. Of course, we would also offer personal training as well as training plans.

I personally believe, and I know that many of you agree, that simple training programs are best. I also know how important weight training is when someone is trying to lose weight. Im hoping that through my own story of weight loss Ill be able to inspire others to follow my plans, and then through their results the word of mouth will spread. I figure that when I start out I can offer cheap weight loss or body transformation packages to a few people in return for being able to use their stories in my advertising.

I also think that if I keep things simple as far as equipment and space, I should be able to lower both startup and operational costs to the point where I can offer affordable services to local youth who either want to get healthy or need a place to train for sports. We could also keep memberships up by offering cheaper memberships than the globo gyms that have all the extra features that a lot of people dont care about.

To bring in youth we could even offer things like tutoring services certain days of the week along with speacial beginner classes where they can learn about form.

The equipment would include a number of power racks, possibly a monolift if there are powerlifters who want to train there, plenty of adjustable benches, dumbbells, a cable station and an area of Astroturf for prowler, rope, and sled work, as well as some bands and chains. Id like to have bumper plates for oly lifting as well, but that wouldnt be a priority.

Understand that this is a very tentative idea in the earliest of stages, because it will probably be at least 10 years before Im in a position to actually make this happen. What do you guys think of this as a business idea?
Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links