tank
Max Brawn
Points: 5,446, Level: 47 Points: 5,446, Level: 47 Points: 5,446, Level: 47
Activity: 16% Activity: 16% Activity: 16%

Training Exp: Rookie
Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: Squat
Fav Supp: Food
tank is a dedicated contributortank is a dedicated contributortank is a dedicated contributortank is a dedicated contributortank is a dedicated contributortank is a dedicated contributortank is a dedicated contributortank is a dedicated contributortank is a dedicated contributortank is a dedicated contributortank is a dedicated contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squatter View Post
I started to have issues with very loose or pure liquid bowel movements on a regular basis. At first, I thought it was a stomach flu. I went to my Family Doc and she suspected Celiac. At that time, I said I had Celiac when I was a kid. She said "what? I told her it went away. She had a good laugh with that. It didn't go away, even tho I had no symptoms for as long as I can remember. Celiac can be a nasty disease in that respect - destroying my intestines and I didn't even know it.

Anyway, my Doc did a blood test which came back positive. To confirm it, I had a tissue sample taken from my intestine. It's a quick day surgery thing.
thanks for the information. i'm starting to think what i'm dealing with is a lactose intolerance, but i'm continuing to experiment. i ate wheat with each meal today, and was fine all day, but a couple of hours ago i had one of those little cans of coffee energy drink in which milk was the 2nd main ingredient, and lo-and-behold my guts are tore up from the floor up. i know that good takes a long time to digest, but it seemed like way too much of a coincidence that it happened at that time combined with the fact that i avoided milk all day and had no issues, when on a normal day drinking a ton of milk i would have been in the bathroom with serious "issues" throughout the day.

all of this stemmed from my attempt at incorporating GOMAD diet, but at least it made apparent a deficiency of which i had no clue so now i can avoid it.

20 JAN 12 at 200 (90) BW - 385/275/405 (175/125/184) SQ/B/D

29 MAY 12 at 206 (93) BW - 135/175 (61/79) SN/CJ
tank is offline   Reply With Quote