View Single Post
Old 11-27-2011, 12:37 PM   #17
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Off Road View Post
I agree with what Faz wrote. When things stop working, it's time for a change. But that brings up another topic; how many people truly stall, or does it just get too hard (physically and mentally) to keep progressing?
Few people truly stall. I have stalled a couple times. I was working with 405 squats for 8 months and nothing worked. Same with bench. I was stuck for a couple years.

My squats really have only improved 29 pounds in 2 years.

They are finally coming around, primarily because I am doing something I have never tried before. And this "something" is brutally hard.

Bottom line...I had been unwilling to take it to another level. I was training hard, but not training HARD. I was milking old methods that once worked when gains came quickly.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

Last edited by BendtheBar; 11-27-2011 at 12:40 PM.
BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote