Fazc
Max Brawn
Points: 14,403, Level: 77 Points: 14,403, Level: 77 Points: 14,403, Level: 77
Activity: 36% Activity: 36% Activity: 36%

Training Exp: 12+ years
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Bench Press
Fav Supp: Chicken
Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Off Road View Post
I agree with what Faz wrote. When things stop working, it's time for a change. But that brings up another topic; how many people truly stall, or does it just get too hard (physically and mentally) to keep progressing?
Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
This structured progression does help with program popularity, simply because people are seeing results. They have a defined direction, so results come easier.
Absolutely it's a good point to make, the mental aspect is a massive factor. There has got to be a reason why one guy makes great progress quickly and another doesn't. I don't buy the genetic argument when dealing with beginner level strength and people far from their genetic potential.

Often what separates a guy who's making progress from one who isn't is more to do with their approach actually in the gym from rep to rep rather than the routine they're following.

In the long term I believe there are ebbs and flows in your training life which occur naturally. A good few months could follow a slower couple of months. Even a good few years could come before another few years of what could be deemed as a slump.

When the sense of direction fails or when the desire is overtaken by the size of the task I think it's a mental failure and progress will be slowed down.
Fazc is offline   Reply With Quote