Squatatron
Max Brawn
Points: 27,624, Level: 98 Points: 27,624, Level: 98 Points: 27,624, Level: 98
Activity: 99% Activity: 99% Activity: 99%

Training Exp: 20 Years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Squat & Deadlift
Fav Supp: Collagen
Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!

Hi Tank!! I have Celiac Disease. Firstly, carbs are not the enemy. Gluten is. If you avoid anything derived from wheat, rye, and barley, you will be good to go. To be 100% safe, you can go completely grain free. However, grains like Quinoa and buckwheat are gluten-free, as well as rice and corn of course. Oats are gluten-free, but are always contaminated in the mill. You must buy guaranteed uncontaminated oats. I can supply a link if you like.

The biggest concern with situations where you do not make your own meals, is cross contamination. For example, french fries are gluten free, but if they are deep fried in a fryer that breaded chicken fingers have been fried in, the fries are not gluten free anymore. Even if a steak is cooked on a grill where garlic toast has been on, the steak is no longer gluten free.

As I mentioned before, carbs are not a problem. Eat all the veggies, potatoes, sweet potatoes, rice, etc you want.

And lastly, going gluten-free will almost always make you lactose tolerant. Yep, even if you are lactose intolerant, going gluten free will reverse that.

Gluten is a real nasty substance that looks like glue, and really is not fit for human consumption. In many ways, Celiac Disease is a blessing. It has been for me.

Please feel free to ask me any more questions.
Bench: 286 lbs
Deadlift: 501 lbs
Total: 1262 lbs

Gym PR's:
Squat: 495 lbs
Bench: 300 lbs
Deadlift: 520 lbs
Total: 1315 Lbs
Age 50
Squatter is offline   Reply With Quote