View Single Post
Old 11-26-2011, 01:31 PM   #2
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

First thing I want to mention is the "3 day crash." You might feel fuzzy the first 3 days away from grain-based carbs. Hang in there, it gets better.

My best advice is to attack fat. It's real easy on a limited carb diet to undereat fat. I did this and it left me very weak. Here are some tips:

--Lean meat is not necessarily your friend. Don't shy away from the high fat meats.
--Butter is very healthy. Add it to veggies or with meats when possible.
--Olive oil is another great choice. Vinegar and olive oil dressing for your salads will add calories and fats.
--Almonds, nuts and seeds. Snack on them! Calories and fats.
--Eat your fruits and veggies. You need as muich good nutrition as possible.
--If you aren't doing strict Paleo, which you aren't, legumes might be ok. Some people with Celiacs seem to be bothered by legumes. Read this =>

Celiac and Legumes

--Remember that many dairy products have little to no lactose. Most cheeses, sour cream, etc. are almost all fat and protein. You may be able to eat these en masse.

--Bacon! Bacon! Bacon!
--Pork rinds are a great snack choice at night.
--Don't avoid skin and other organ meat if you like it.

The first 3 days on lower carbs I highly recommend you monitor your calories to make sure you are eating plenty. The real key to a satisfying low-grain based carb diet is satiety...eat when you are hungry without limitations. Snack when you feel like snacking.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote