View Single Post
Old 11-25-2011, 04:35 PM   #10
Off Road
Max Brawn
Points: 17,091, Level: 83 Points: 17,091, Level: 83 Points: 17,091, Level: 83
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazc View Post
While this is true, it's a very HIT orientated point of view. I think Jones said this originally.

Where it gets interesting and transcends the fairly one dimensional view of HITers is pushing the amount of useful volume while still working hard. HIT states working harder is better to the point where volume can and should be reduced.

For me balancing the volume with frequency and varying it is vital to progress.
I wasn't speaking in a HIT sense. I was refering more to the fact that if you worked your way up to a max set of squats, followed by a bit of volume, and followed that up with the same intensity on a couple of upper body movements, there'd be little left in the tank. I also believe in what Wendler dubs the "Jack Shit" workout, where you just work a big lift into the ground, set a good PR, and leave.
Off Road is offline   Reply With Quote