T-Bone
The Beardo Weirdo
Max Brawn
Points: 6,038, Level: 50 Points: 6,038, Level: 50 Points: 6,038, Level: 50
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Training Exp: 7
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Squat
T-Bone is a lifting machineT-Bone is a lifting machineT-Bone is a lifting machineT-Bone is a lifting machineT-Bone is a lifting machineT-Bone is a lifting machineT-Bone is a lifting machineT-Bone is a lifting machineT-Bone is a lifting machineT-Bone is a lifting machineT-Bone is a lifting machine

Thanks for the responses. All the options offered look good, but I have a few comments/questions.

@markievicz, thanks for the PM, I'll definitely consider your suggestion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
Instead of adding weight every week like Madcow, or adding weight every month like Wendler, I would like to see you get into the trenches and grind out a group of sets with the same weight, using a target rep goal.
I like the sound of this. My heart has been telling me this for awhile. I imagine I could keep my same schedule, but cater the rep ranges to this style. Would I need to cut back on some of my assistance work?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Off Road View Post

An example:

Say you squat 245 x 5 right now. You'd take 3 to 4 weeks to work back up to 245 x 5 and a 3 or 4 weeks to surpass it. Then you'd drop the weight and work back up again...

Cycle 1
Week 1 215 x 5
Week 2 225 x 5
Week 3 235 x 5 (start eating!)
Week 4 245 x 5 (old PR)
Week 5 255 x 5
Week 6 265 x 5
Week 7 275 x 4 (fail, start over)

Cycle 2
Week 1 225 x 5
Week 2 235 x 5
Week 3 245 x 5
Week 4 255 x 5
Week 5 265 x 5
Week 6 275 x 5
Week 7 285 x 4 (fail, start over)

You get the idea...
I understand this, but how many sets are we talking about here for each week? And would you do this same breakdown for bench, DL and OHP?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazc View Post
All good suggestions so far, I would suggest a full body routine with the emphasis on strength for high rep ranges. A H/L/M split using a variety of rep ranges from 5's, to 10's to 15's.
Fazc, Do you have a link for an example of this routine?

"There's nothing wrong with being a large mammal." - Val Kilmer as Jim Morrison - The Doors (1991)

Sergey Krastio Trelawny
T-Bone is offline   Reply With Quote