Soldier
Max Brawn
Points: 14,594, Level: 78 Points: 14,594, Level: 78 Points: 14,594, Level: 78
Activity: 89% Activity: 89% Activity: 89%

Training Exp: On and off for 17 years.
Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Exercise: Bosu kickback pistols
Fav Supp: Crack on a trisket
Soldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by abett07 View Post
would it be fair to say that these are the top 5 back exercises ?

1.deadlift
2.barbell rows
3.power cleans
4.db rows
5.chin/pull ups
Definitely fair, although I wouldn't put them in that order if it matters.

Honestly, there are quite a few variations on the row, and they are all useful. I've actually found that T-bar rows hit my back even better than barbell rows because on BB rows I tend to start to stand up during the set. The back is a very complex collection of muscles, so you want to pull in lots of different directions and with lots of different grips to hit everything. Through experimentation you can find what feels good to you and make good use of it.

Here's the T-bar row. The key is to use 25lb plates so you can pull closer to your chest.

Another good movement is the chest supported row. This one is good to use after dead lifts, as you don't need to use your lower back to support yourself. Also, many of these machines have multiple grip options which is good.
Soldier is online now   Reply With Quote