Soldier
Max Brawn
Points: 14,594, Level: 78 Points: 14,594, Level: 78 Points: 14,594, Level: 78
Activity: 89% Activity: 89% Activity: 89%

Training Exp: On and off for 17 years.
Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Exercise: Bosu kickback pistols
Fav Supp: Crack on a trisket
Soldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master member

There are many misconceptions about supps. The biggest one is that they give you any muscle at all. They don't. They can ALLOW you to more towards your goals faster, through your own hard work, if you use the right ones.

Here are the one's I use that fall into that category;

Pre-workout- I train hard and it's hard to get hyped for every training session. This allows me to give my all and push all the way through a session.

Creatine- Again, this serves to allow you to push harder in your session. 1 more rep here and there and 5lb more on the bar can make a big difference as you progress.

BCAA- Branched Chain Amino Acids are an amazing supplement. They keep your body from using muscle for energy when you're cutting, and help you recover from your training much more quickly with less soreness. I take BCAA pills both before and after training, and also drink a BCAA powder during training.

Some supps are also just health based. As lifters we have specific dietary needs that can't always be met through food alone. Here are the ones I take that fall into this category;

Fish oil- Not too expensive, and according to what I've read the health benefits are numerous. I pop upwards of 8 of these a day sometimes.

Multi-vitamin- Again, you won't always get everything you need through food alone. This is important so you know you're filling any gaps you don't know about.