Fazc
Max Brawn
Points: 14,403, Level: 77 Points: 14,403, Level: 77 Points: 14,403, Level: 77
Activity: 36% Activity: 36% Activity: 36%

Training Exp: 12+ years
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Bench Press
Fav Supp: Chicken
Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pull14 View Post
Frequency has a knack for that Facz. With high frequency, balance is also key to keep the joints and such feeling better
I'm sceptical about it being to do with an imbalance at least for me, I've just come off some 3-4 years of very consistent, balanced training. I've done imbalanced routines in the past as well and I've never had a problem with it. So I don't think a few weeks off would cause those kind of issues.

Here's what I'm thinking, taking my last Bench session as an example:

350lbs x 6 singles = 2100lbs

Now if I switched this over to 350lbs for a single, then back off 10% and do some three doubles (6 total) I'm left with:

350lbs + (315x6) = 2240lbs

Pretty much the same total tonnage, but I don't work with the 90%+ range as much and make it up with back off reps. Quite Starr-esque way of looking at workload. So what I might do is work upto a max for the day, no psych up, then back off for a few doubles with 90% of that max. Perhaps this will allow a more manageable two weeks.

As an aside, I don't particularly mind the joint pain, but it's probably not a good long-term plan.

Quote:
In regard to general intensities... I believe the more you want to push a higher intensity, the more you will have to rely on a daily max to determine the weight on the bar. If progression is planned, your not going to get away with high intensity every day for very long. Deloads will help lengthen the process but even so... high intensity leaves little room for error. You should have a plan when you have crappy days or building up with lighter, medium, heavier weeks can help as can splitting the week up into HLM/LMH/MLH.
Agreed, this is where I think the Bulgarian approach at least is self-regulating which can match the ebb and flow of training energy. We don't really have that, as we've pushed poundages up linearly and for a decent amount of volume. The C&P guys Chaos & Pain also has some sort of method for self-regulation by limiting rest periods and having light(er) exercises to choose from. Despite the deload week, with the sheer amount of training days we want to do in the two week loading period, I guess some sort of self-regulation is needed.

Last edited by Fazc; 11-22-2011 at 01:36 PM.
Fazc is offline   Reply With Quote