View Single Post
Old 11-22-2011, 01:01 PM   #9
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tank View Post
but why 2 days rest after workout C?
You want to be as rested as possible before your heaviest day.

Also, while building strength on linear progression these is little reason to also start increasing volume or frequency. Rest. There is a lot happening. Workout intensity is increasing each week. Your muscles, CNS, joints tendons and ligaments are all adapting to demands. There are many levels of recovery taking place.

The program becomes more difficult each week. It is in your best interest to maximize recovery while milking linear progressing to help stave off strains, pains and fatigue. It makes the most sense to be the most recovered prior to your heaviest day of the week.

At one point early in my life I made the mistake of increasing frequency and trying to push progression too quickly. I threw out my back and strained my shoulders.

Take this time to listen to your body, so when you may need to increase frequency you are better tuned in to your body.

You can add a lot of strength very quickly with these types of programs. Enjoy the weekends.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

Last edited by BendtheBar; 11-22-2011 at 01:04 PM.
BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote