View Single Post
Old 11-22-2011, 08:20 AM   #3
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

What Spart is talking about is the dual factor theory of training. You have fitness and fatigue, and when overreaching in your training, you can become so fatigued that it hinders your performance/strength.

I just want to stress that dual factor theory is complex, not a program or system, and fitness and fatigue are always highly individual. Some workouts do a good job of pushing an athlete into the overreaching zone, and are structured to do so.

"Dual factor training" is a part of the Madcow advanced program. As far as the Madcow intermediate program, it's simply linear progression. Someone correct me if I am wrong.

Even though the intermediate Madcow isn't a DFT program, it's still rapid, consistent progression. You will learn a lot during this time about what your body can handle. I would not drop any rest.

Ride the progression wave, learn more about what your body can handle, and give your body an extra recovery day. If you stick to the program you will be very strong in no time.

Hit that new PR on Friday and rest. Give the CNS and your joints and connective tissue and extra day of food and sleep.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

Last edited by BendtheBar; 11-22-2011 at 09:38 AM.
BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote