View Single Post
Old 11-22-2011, 02:52 AM   #10
vcjha
New Brawn
Points: 458, Level: 9 Points: 458, Level: 9 Points: 458, Level: 9
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

vcjha is off to a bad start

Week 2 day 1

Squats were a little bit harder, but not as hard as I anticipated, meaning after learning correct form from anthony ditillo's article that BTB posted: no wide stance, no butt out, and using quads to ascend, not your butt, I thought I was going to have to use lighter weight to make it work. But turns out I used the same weight that I did last week. Now I only hope to increase my weights and day 3 means I have to squat 20 reps for 245, or at least 16.

Stiff-legged deadlift was pretty solid today in a long time at 2 sets for 9 reps each(damn I tried to get 10, but wasn't happening today) for 205. For the first time, no need for assistance from my arms to launch back up, just legs and back.

Calves. Oh I hate these things. They never grow, at least to my satisfaction, you know some definition or just one vein in the back. Nada, nothing so far. And my weight sucks too. 135 on the standing calve raise is all I can muster for 8 reps.

Dumbbell Curls. Damn, felt pretty strong today on this. 30 lb in each arm, for 8 reps, 3 sets.
vcjha is offline   Reply With Quote