View Single Post
Old 01-09-2010, 10:40 PM   #7
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sten View Post
You are right. I am looking for size (actually more definition then size). I'd say that I am about normal weight (6ft and ~183pounds).
Well, there are several diet approaches.

One is slow and steady...eat about 300-500 more calories then maintenance level, and eat about 80% good food. This allows for some cheat foods each week.

Another approach is more of a zig zag approach. Eat maintenance level on non-workout days, 1000 calories above maintenance on workout days, and allow for one free day where you eat whatever you want.

A third approach, you could "bulk" for 2 weeks...basically eating whatever you want, and eating big...as if 4500+ calories per day. The next 2 weeks after that you eat at maintenance level. If you tend to gain fat quickly, these two weeks could be at 300 to 500 calories below maintenance.

If you tend to be a hardgainer with a fast metabolism, a fourth approach would be to eat at least 700-1000 cals above maintenance for extended periods of time.

All of these approaches basically hinge on what your maintenance level is. Do you know about how many daily calories keeps you at the same weight? If you don't know, a good starting point is 3000 to 3500 per day.

If you don't know how many calories causes you to gain or lose weight, I would recommend eating 4000 per day for a month, and seeing what this does for your weight.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote