View Single Post
Old 01-09-2010, 10:22 PM   #2
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sten View Post
First of all, I am not sure if I am actually allowed to start a thread like that. I provide support in another forum and I know how annoying it is to see the same thread being posted over and over again, but I already tried using the search and didn't find a clear answer. So, why dont give it a try ?

1) I read "John Christy Appreciation Thread" (ty pal) and I would like to know if that routine fits a begginer profile ? I have some experience, so I think I could perform all those exercises well.

1.1) If so, what diet should I follow ? I am willing to take supplements.

1.2) If not and I decide to follow one of the routine posted on the "Weight Training Routines For Beginners" (any preference or w/e I pick should work?) thread, do you guys have any diet that should work ?

Thanks in advance !
Welcome to the forum.

Regarding John Christy's routine, I think it's a fairly straightforward approach that could be used by beginners and intermediates. If you aggressively work on progression with that routine, it will serve you well.

Regarding diet, where are you at currently? About normal weight, underweight or overweight? And are your goals size first, both size and strength or just strength? I am assuming primarily size?

If you're normal weight and looking for size, I like a more staggered approach to diet. Eat more on workout days, a little less on non-workout days, and allow yourself a completely free day once a week. But if you're underweight or overweight, that approach would have to change based on your goals.

Let me know your weight and goals, and we'll look at several possible diet approaches.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote