View Single Post
Old 11-17-2011, 06:05 PM   #18
LtL
SHFW
Max Brawn
Points: 36,892, Level: 100 Points: 36,892, Level: 100 Points: 36,892, Level: 100
Activity: 17% Activity: 17% Activity: 17%

Training Exp: 5 years
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Deadlifts
Fav Supp: Endurance BCAA
LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!

I think boards can really help the RAW lifter but there are some things to keep in mind. Here's what I have learnt this year:

1. Do not neglect the bottom end and just press heavy off boards. I did no full ROM for almost three months and when I tested my max expecting a big increase, my technique and balance/bar control at the bottom was so weak I barely pressed a 2.5kgs PB despite pressing 15kgs or so more off a two board.

2. Boards work well for tricep and lockout work. Things like close grip pressing off 3 boards or working up in a tricep hell fashion.

3. Just because you can press it off a 2 or a 3 board, does not mean you can press it off your chest. Boards don't work for raw lifters like they do for a shirted one.

4. Use boards to work your sticking point. It's a humbling experience but it will really help your full ROM.

I'm sure there's more but that's all I can think of right now.

LtL
LtL is offline   Reply With Quote