Soldier
Max Brawn
Points: 14,594, Level: 78 Points: 14,594, Level: 78 Points: 14,594, Level: 78
Activity: 89% Activity: 89% Activity: 89%

Training Exp: On and off for 17 years.
Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Exercise: Bosu kickback pistols
Fav Supp: Crack on a trisket
Soldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazc View Post
I think they'll work for the reasons Solider and Offroad stated, they'll allow you to handle heavier loads making your actual bench numbers feel lighter right out of the rack. Might not stop you getting stapled at the bottom but that's a different story.

Although I'll disagree with Offroad about the Pin Presses, I think they're dangerous. If you don't get the right groove from the off they can be awkward at best and you may risk injury at worse. I'd much rather take from the rack and bring down to the boards.

You know even a (suit) belt works for holding the boards in place as long as it's big enough. I've also used old bands and I've even just shoved them under a large baggy jumper.
After I made that post I started thinking of the same ideas. Once I'm done with basic training and trying to build strength again I'm planning on using a ton of partials. It's uncharted territory for me.

I've tried pin presses from the pins and hated them. I couldn't go any heavier on those than I could on normal bench because of not being in the groove.
Soldier is online now   Reply With Quote